I know I do! Pie, not so much. I'm not a fan of pie crust. But when I saw this recipe, I had to give it a try. And it was delicious! This delectable dessert would be great for any occasion. Even as an upcoming Valentine treat. :)
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp almond extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 (21 ounce) cherry pie filling
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Beat in extracts.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and salt. Add to the creamed mixture. Mix until combined.
- Grease a 15x10x1 pan or 9x13, whichever one you decide to use. Spread 3 cups batter in the bottom of your pan. Spread with pie filling. Drop remaining batter on top of pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degress for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Top with whipped topping.