I have a recipe for some sour cream enchiladas that I got from my sister-in-law. I make them every once in a while when all of my family gets together. They have a LOT of sour cream and cheese in them, so I don't make them very often, but they are delicious! My daughter came up with this recipe, because of that one--although this one uses NO sour cream! Instead she used Greek yogurt, much lower in calories and she achieved the same great taste. Winner!
2 large tablespoon scoops plain Greek yogurt
8 oz diced, boneless, skinless, chicken breast
1/2 can diced green chiles
1/3 package of fajitas seasoning
1 14 oz. can green chile enchilada sauce (1/2 can for the marinade, 1/2 can for the top of the enchiladas)
1. Combine the Greek yogurt, green chiles, fajita seasoning mix and 1/2 the can of enchilada sauce together. Place the chicken in a medium bowl and pour half the mixture overtop. Marinate overnight. Save the other half of yogurt mixture for enchilada filling.
2. After marinading overnight, lift chicken from the yogurt bathe and place in medium pan on stovetop. Cook until done.
3. Spray casserole pan with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Fill tortilla with a layer of chicken, a layer of Greek yogurt mix, and then a bit of cheese. Roll and move on to next until chicken and yogurt are used up.
5. Pour the remaining half of enchilada sauce over top of prepared enchiladas. Cover with cheese and some fresh Pico de Gallo. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of tortillas are crisp.
Photos by: COURTNEY MARCUS ELLIOTT