Day 8--Chocolate Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies
What goes better together than Peanut Butter and Chocolate? I know they're two of my favorites! My grandmother used to make these cookies for me and I still love them!
· about 48 milk chocolate kisses
· 1/2 cup shortening
· 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
· 1/3 cup granulated sugar
· 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
· 1 egg
· 2 tablespoons milk
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt· Additional granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Using cookie scoop, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
About 4 dozen cookies.