Twelve Days of Christmas Cookies.
Today kicks off our Twelve Days of Christmas Cookies, although I really meant for this to start yesterday--oh well life just gets in the way some times. :)
First up~~Candy Cane Blossoms. Aren't these the prettiest cookies? And they are so quick and easy to whip up.
1 bag Hershey's Kisses brand Candy Cane Kisses
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons milk
Red and Green colored sugar (I used red and white peppermint flavored sugars)
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove wrappers from candies (approx. 35)
2. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; alternate adding dry ingredients and milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
3. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in red and/or green colored sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Yields approximately 35 cookies.
Makes a great Christmas gift, quick treat for a holiday potluck, or just a nice surprise for the family. Enjoy!
recipe from Hershey's