My cute little bird house, all completed. I displayed it out in a new section of our backyard garden. I purchased a pre-made wooden bird house at Michaels craft store. Then, using Mod Podge, scrapbook paper, ribbon and some pre-cut chipboard shapes, decorated it. I love the way it turned out.
A closer view.
Materials list:wooden bird house
wooden dowel to mount house
paint brush/sponge applicator
Michaels craft store has several styles to choose from.
- Mod Podge all of your pieces and allow to dry before adding a second coat.
- I painted the bottom edge of my house. Also the little peg and the inside of the hole.
- I covered all of my chipboard pieces in paper and allowed to dry. *TIP: Be sure to cover the edges good with the Mod Podge. My bird house and been in a few rain storms and the tag separated where I missed it with the Mod Podge. :(
- Then with the sanding block, sanded all the edges smooth.
- Secure the chipboard shapes in place with glue.
- Tie a cute bow around the middle.
Finished bird house.