I had planned to do a step-by-step photo tutorial for this post, but because of time restraints, unfortunately this is all you get--at least for now. I will do the photo tutorial and update the post when I have a little more time.
I learned how to make these cute Penguin decorations several years ago, when my husband and I took a cooking class together. They are fairly simple to make and can be used as place card holders or just to dress up your buffet or Easter table.
- one hard-boiled egg
- two black olives
- one large carrot slice
- With a sharp paring knife, cut small 'V' shapes out of one edge of the carrot for feet. Keep the pieces you remove from the carrot to insert later for the beak.
- Insert toothpick in the carrot slice and slide the hard-boiled egg (Penguin body) onto the toothpick.
- Slice one black olive in half (wings).
- With a toothpick, attach the wings to the body.
- Cut small slit into other black olive and insert beak.
- Again with a toothpick attach the head to the body.