I have been suffering from terrible insomnia lately, but one good thing that has come from it--I'm getting a lot accomplished. For instance, this is fun little project, an ice cream cone pin cushion! It makes a great gift for all the seamstresses in your life. Anyone with a basic sewing stitch skill can make this. I stitched it by hand to show how easy they are, but you could whip these up in no time with a machine.
Fabric of your choice (2 coordinating colors)
Thread (to match fabric)
Small flower planter
Hot glue gun
1. Using something round, i.e.: a bowl or vase, etc., as a template cut a circle shape with your fabric.
2. Run a baste stitch around the outside edge.
3. Pull the stitches tight, but leave an opening so you can stuff it.
4. Using the poly-fil, stuff full. Pull the stitches tight and tie the thread off.
5. With your hot glue gun, attach each scoop to the cone and add your sprinkles.