2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 25 Oreo cookies, finely chopped)
Three 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
8 oz. sour cream
5 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped for filling
10 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped for topping
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature before beginning.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- To make the crust, mix the melted butter with the Oreo cookie crumbs and press onto the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan; set aside.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on low until fluffy.
- Slowly add the sugar and continue beating the cream cheese until mixed well.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue to beat until blended.
- Measure the vanilla, salt and flour; pour into the cream cheese mixture, and beat until smooth. Add the sour cream and beat.
- Stir in the 5 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies with a spoon.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the springform pan and sprinkle the 10 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies over the filling.
- Place the pan in the middle of the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- After that time, keep the oven door open and let the cheesecake stay in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let cool enough to place in the refrigerator for 24 hours. To serve, run a knife or metal spatula around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake, and remove the pan.