It took me awhile to get this posted. I made these cookies about a month ago for Valentine's Day and gave them away for gifts to my children and granddaughters. Everyone loved them. :)
- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- colored sprinkles
1. Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Add milk, vanilla and eggs.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in colored sprinkles for a more festive look. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour to make rolling easier.
|4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut out desired shapes.|
|5. Place 2" apart on ungreased or parchment lined baking sheet. Leave plain to frost after baking or sprinkle with colored sugar.|
|6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.|
|Yield: depending on the size of your cutter about 4 dozen. I used two cookies and filled them with Italian Buttercream|
|Then I frosted them and sprinkled a little colored sugar on them just to make them look festive. Yummy!|